We are the Hudson County Area Vocational-Technical Education Association. We represent the teachers, education support professionals, and administrative staff members who work at the Hudson County Schools of Technology.
Latest from HCAVTEA
A Letter from the HCAVTEA President:
We know how tough the past year and a half has been. We also know that the start of this year has not been without its stresses for everyone.
With all that in mind, I am so happy to announce your Superintendent and I have worked out a plan for a Fall Harvest Celebration to kick off the 2021/2022 school year — and we believe we have figured out a way that everyone will be able to attend.
There are so many challenges to accommodate a time that works for most of the members, given the plethora of different working schedules, that we had to change it more than a few times. However, we have successfully worked out a date when not only are the students on a shortened day, but it will allow other departments to work out having their full time employees attend!
Our Fall Festival Barbecue/Picnic will be October 13th from 2-6pm at Laurel Hill Park, Secaucus. We hope that everyone will come — there will be food, music, games (bring a softball mitt, and we may even put a friendly softball game together between buildings), a corn hole tournament and more! Mr. Softie may even make a guest appearance! All you will need to bring is comfortable clothes, a picnic blanket if you prefer that to a table, chairs, and your awesome selves.
RSVP: Please fill out the attendance survey by clicking on the link below.
Link: Fall Harvest Celebration
Elektra Sipars, Ed.S
Come Register for HCEA’s Virtual PD Workshops for 2021-22!
These NJEA members-suggested PD workshops are available for all instructional and non-instructional staff. Click on the title of the PD Workshop for a description.
- October 14, 2021 – Co-Teaching for an Effective Inclusion Classrooms Register here.
- January 6, 2022 – Digital Citizenship for School Employees Register here.
- February 10, 2022 – Healing Conversations for Educators Register here.
- March 10, 2022 – Effective Written Communication for Office Professionals Register here.
School-Related Issues, Concerns, or Possible Grievances?
Please contact any of these members in your school:
- Mike Grele (Instructional Vice President): Wing C, room 408, ext. 8427 (please leave message on voicemail), email@example.com
- Scott Winter (Non-Instructional Vice President): Transportation trailer, ext. 6342, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vincent Fano, Jr. (Non-Instructional Representative): Transportation trailer, ext. 6340, email@example.com
- Lynn Fedele (Instructional Representative): Room 206, ext. 4206, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fran Kearns (Recording Secretary): Security desk, email@example.com
- Nick LaVolpe (Instructional Representative): Rooms 314/315 (HR, 1st), room 617D (2nd), rooms 314/315 (3rd & 4th), room 617D (5th, 7th-9th), ext. 8436, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eliud Padilla (Non-Instructional Representative): email@example.com
- Angela Cirillo (Instructional and Non-Instructional Representative): Room 212, ext. 3212, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vinnie Nardiello, Jr. (Instructional Vice President): Room D-219, ext. 8239, email@example.com
- Tracy Martucci-Weber (Non-Instructional Vice President): ext. 6733, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuel Fuentes (Non-Instructional Representative): email@example.com
- Felix Henriques (Non-Instructional Representative): firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Polito (Instructional Representative): Room C-318, ext. 8236, email@example.com
- Chelsea Walker (Instructional Representative): Room D-321, ext. 8280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ToniAnn Mendolla-Winter (Corresponding Secretary): Central office (also EWBC), ext. 6319, email@example.com
Join a Committee and Let Your Service Shine!
Did you take the survey to express your interest in any of HCAVTEA’s committees? Your service can be the greatest contribution you can make to the entire membership. Please review the list below to see which committees pique your interest. Thank you for your service!
For any member who has lost health benefits due to COVID or not, the COBRA premium payments from April 1st to September 30th will be paid through the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
Results of 2021 Special Election are in! Thanks to the HCAVTEA Election Committee for its hard work!
Here are the results. Please see ALL the E-Board and Building Reps listed below on this page.
HCEA makes donation of $1,000 to local food pantry
The Hudson County Education Association donated $1,000 to the food pantry at Old Bergen Church in Jersey City on behalf of HCAVTEA and Hudson County Schools of Technology Career Development Center Association.
The Pandemic Relief Funds Sub-committee was created to determine how to allocate pandemic relief funds in a manner that would best serve NJEA members. To this end, the committee has designed a Food Assistance program for members who are experiencing food insufficiency due to losing their jobs or reduced hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you know of any members to whom this would apply, please send them the attached application so that they can receive monetary assistance.
Executive Board and Building Representatives
President- Elektra Sipars
Vice President – FJG Instructional – Vincent Nardiello, Jr.
Vice President – FJG Non-Instructional – Tracy Martucci-Weber
Vice President – JCC Instructional – Mike Grele
Vice President – JCC Non-Instructional – Scott Winter
Treasurer – Frank Ashe
Sergeant-at-Arms – John Mattaliano
Recording Secretary – Fran Kearns
Corresponding Secretary – ToniAnn Mendolla-Winter
Publicity Director – Mark Gutmann
FJG Instructional Representatives – David Polito and Chelsea Walker
FJG Non-Instructional Representatives – Manuel Fuentes and Felix Henriques
JCC Instructional Representatives – Lynn Fedele and Nicholas LaVolpe
JCC Non-Instructional Representatives – Vincent Fano, Jr. and Eliud Padilla
Explore Middle School Representative – Angela Cirillo
Administrative Representative – Barbara Mendolla