We are the Hudson County Area Vocational-Technical Education Association. We represent the teachers, education support professionals, and administrative staff members who work at the Hudson County Schools of Technology.
Latest from HCAVTEA
Dear NJEA Members,
GR Chair CCC Chair
AID-NJEA is a free, confidential 24-hour telephone helpline for school staff members and their families. The helpline is staffed by active and retired educators and school counselors who are trained to counsel and support their colleagues. The program provides telephone support, information and resources for school employees experiencing some distress in their work or personal lives.
Educators and school counselors are on the line from noon until 8 pm Monday through Thursday, and until 6 pm on Fridays to provide peer-to-peer support and information to callers. In addition, University Behavioral Health Care provides mental health professionals who answer the helpline during all other hours for 24/7 coverage. These mental health professionals are available to intervene as necessary and provide support to peer educators when they are taking calls. At all times, school staff will reach a live person who can provide a listening ear and assist callers with problem solving or referral.
Whether you are a new teacher, a support staff member, or a retired school employee, we have people on the line that can provide guidance and information to help. Family members experiencing personal problems can call for assistance and resources as well. AID-NJEA is a partnership between the New Jersey Education Association and Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care.
HELPLINE: 1-866-AID-NJEA (1-866-243-6532) or email AID-NJEA@ubhc.rutgers.edu
Come Register for HCEA’s Virtual PD Workshops for 2022!
These NJEA members-suggested PD workshops are available for all instructional and non-instructional staff. Click on the title of the PD Workshop for a description.
- January 6, 2022 – Digital Citizenship for School Employees Register here.
- February 10, 2022 – Healing Conversations for Educators Register here.
- March 10, 2022 – Effective Written Communication for Office Professionals Register here.
School-Related Issues, Concerns, or Possible Grievances?
Please contact any of these members in your school:
- Mike Grele (Instructional Vice President): Wing C, room 408, ext. 8427 (please leave message on voicemail), email@example.com
- Scott Winter (Non-Instructional Vice President): Transportation trailer, ext. 6342, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vincent Fano, Jr. (Non-Instructional Representative): Transportation trailer, ext. 6340, email@example.com
- Lynn Fedele (Instructional Representative): Room 206, ext. 4206, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fran Kearns (Recording Secretary): Security desk, email@example.com
- Nick LaVolpe (Instructional Representative): Rooms 314/315 (HR, 1st), room 617D (2nd), rooms 314/315 (3rd & 4th), room 617D (5th, 7th-9th), ext. 8436, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eliud Padilla (Non-Instructional Representative): email@example.com
- Angela Cirillo (Instructional and Non-Instructional Representative): Room 212, ext. 3212, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vinnie Nardiello, Jr. (Instructional Vice President): Room D-219, ext. 8239, email@example.com
- Tracy Martucci-Weber (Non-Instructional Vice President): ext. 6733, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuel Fuentes (Non-Instructional Representative): email@example.com
- Felix Henriques (Non-Instructional Representative): firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Polito (Instructional Representative): Room C-318, ext. 8236, email@example.com
- Chelsea Walker (Instructional Representative): Room D-321, ext. 8280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ToniAnn Mendolla-Winter (Corresponding Secretary): Central office (also EWBC), ext. 6319, email@example.com
Join a Committee and Let Your Service Shine!
Did you take the survey to express your interest in any of HCAVTEA’s committees? Your service can be the greatest contribution you can make to the entire membership. Please review the list below to see which committees pique your interest. Thank you for your service!
For any member who has lost health benefits due to COVID or not, the COBRA premium payments from April 1st to September 30th will be paid through the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
Results of 2021 Special Election are in! Thanks to the HCAVTEA Election Committee for its hard work!
Here are the results. Please see ALL the E-Board and Building Reps listed below on this page.
HCEA makes donation of $1,000 to local food pantry
The Hudson County Education Association donated $1,000 to the food pantry at Old Bergen Church in Jersey City on behalf of HCAVTEA and Hudson County Schools of Technology Career Development Center Association.
The Pandemic Relief Funds Sub-committee was created to determine how to allocate pandemic relief funds in a manner that would best serve NJEA members. To this end, the committee has designed a Food Assistance program for members who are experiencing food insufficiency due to losing their jobs or reduced hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you know of any members to whom this would apply, please send them the attached application so that they can receive monetary assistance.
Executive Board and Building Representatives
President- Elektra Sipars
Vice President – FJG Instructional – Vincent Nardiello, Jr.
Vice President – FJG Non-Instructional – Tracy Martucci-Weber
Vice President – JCC Instructional – Mike Grele
Vice President – JCC Non-Instructional – Scott Winter
Treasurer – Frank Ashe
Sergeant-at-Arms – John Mattaliano
Recording Secretary – Fran Kearns
Corresponding Secretary – ToniAnn Mendolla-Winter
Publicity Director – Mark Gutmann
FJG Instructional Representatives – David Polito and Chelsea Walker
FJG Non-Instructional Representatives – Manuel Fuentes and Felix Henriques
JCC Instructional Representatives – Lynn Fedele and Nicholas LaVolpe
JCC Non-Instructional Representatives – Vincent Fano, Jr. and Eliud Padilla
Explore Middle School Representative – Angela Cirillo
Administrative Representative – Barbara Mendolla