We are the Hudson County Area Vocational-Technical Education Association. We represent the teachers, education support professionals, and administrative staff members who work at the Hudson County Schools of Technology.
Latest from HCAVTEA
NJEA Communications Tools Workshop
Scheduled for Saturday, May 1st, from 9 a.m. to 11:40 a.m., the workshop is virtual and free. Register at www.njea.org/commtools by Monday, April 26th.
9:00-9:20 a.m. – Opening session
9:25-10:25 a.m. – Session One
- NJEASites User Roundtable: NJEASites users will discuss features of the platform, share feedback and hear about digital tools available with the latest WordPress theme. This workshop is for local and county associations already using NJEASites.
- Newsletters: Acquire tips and tricks to a produce top-notch publication and get your members to read what you write.
- Social Media for Local Associations: Learn how to set up and manage Facebook and/or Instagram pages for your local association.
10:40-11:40 a.m. – Session Two
- NJEASites Digital Tools: Sendy Creator: Learn how to use Sendy Creator to email your members. Note: To use Sendy, you need an NJEASites website in the latest Ocean theme and an email address at your domain. This workshop is for associations already using NJEASites.
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About: Learn how to tell a compelling story using video. We will guide you on how to compose a great shot and conduct a powerful interview that you can edit and share. Bring your cellphone, computer and any camera equipment you plan to use.
- Smartphone Photography 101: Learn the key principles of taking compelling, sharable photos on your phone.
Results of 2021 Special Election are in! Thanks to the HCAVTEA Election Committee for its hard work!
Here are the results. Please see ALL the E-Board and Building Reps listed below on this page.
HCEA makes donation of $1,000 to local food pantry
The Hudson County Education Association donated $1,000 to the food pantry at Old Bergen Church in Jersey City on behalf of HCAVTEA and Hudson County Schools of Technology Career Development Center Association.
The Pandemic Relief Funds Sub-committee was created to determine how to allocate pandemic relief funds in a manner that would best serve NJEA members. To this end, the committee has designed a Food Assistance program for members who are experiencing food insufficiency due to losing their jobs or reduced hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you know of any members to whom this would apply, please send them the attached application so that they can receive monetary assistance.
Executive Board and Building Representatives
President- Elektra Sipars
Vice President – FJG Instructional – Vincent Nardiello, Jr.
Vice President – FJG Non-Instructional – Tracy Weber
Vice President – JCC Instructional – Mike Grele
Vice President – JCC Non-Instructional – Scott Winter
Treasurer – Frank Ashe
Sergeant-at-Arms – John Mattaliano
Recording Secretary – Fran Kearns
Corresponding Secretary – ToniAnn Mendolla-Winter
Publicity Director – Mark Gutmann
FJG Instructional Representatives – David Polito and Chelsea Walker
FJG Non-Instructional Representatives – Manuel Fuentes and Felix Henriques
JCC Instructional Representatives – Lynn Fedele and Nicholas LaVolpe
JCC Non-Instructional Representatives – Vincent Fano, Jr. and Eliud Padilla
Explore Middle School Representative – Angela Cirillo
Administrative Representative – Barbara Mendolla